January 17, 2012 – Provo, UT – VitalSmarts, an innovator in corporate training and organizational performance, today released Change Anything Training™, its newest training course designed for organizations that are tired of yielding little-to-no change in employee behavior despite substantial investments in performance management.
Joseph Grenny, co-founder of VitalSmarts, says Change Anything Training teaches individuals stuck in life- and career-limiting habits a proven method for driving rapid and sustainable behavior change.
“Our research shows an individual’s failure to improve his or her performance is due more to a lack of skill than a lack of will,” says Grenny. “Organizations that equip their employees with the how to of behavior change realize bottom-line results.”
This one-day classroom course expounds on the principles and strategies found in the New York Times bestseller, Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success (Business Plus, 2011), and is designed to solve the following organizational problems:
- Performance Management – Research shows 70 percent of employees who are aware their boss is unhappy with their performance can’t tell you what they are doing wrong or how they will change. However, employees skilled in self-directed change can realize their professional potential.
- Corporate Wellness – The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention puts a $3,391 price tag on each employee who smokes, including $1,760 in lost productivity and $1,623 in excess medical expenditures. Companies that teach employees to achieve greater personal health substantially reduce their healthcare costs while increasing the well-being of their workforce.
- Change Management – Few organizations can successfully drive rapid, comprehensive change— even when the organization finds itself on a burning platform. While leaders might understand the recipe for change, they struggle to get their people to adopt the required behaviors. Leaders who enable their employees with the skills to direct their own behavior are ten times more likely to influence system-wide change.
Grenny and his team uncovered the change model taught in Change Anything Training by combining 50 years of social science research with an in-depth study of 5,000 people attempting to overcome intrepid career and personal challenges. By learning that model, training participants leave the course equipped with the skills to:
- Diagnose what’s keeping them stuck in the status quo
- Recognize the personal, social and environmental sources of influence working against them— and turn them in their favor
- Create change plans that lead to desirable and lasting results
- Translate performance feedback into action
Cory Bouck, Director of Organizational Development & Learning at Johnsonville Sausage, LLC, said their organization is turning to Change Anything Training to improve their business.
“The skills learned through Change Anything Training give our employees the power to meet their professional goals, improve workplace performance and make long-awaited changes to bad habits,” says Bouck. “In short, this course will improve our company’s business performance.”
Change Anything Training contains the hallmark features of VitalSmarts’ award-winning training products including a customized platform with trainer tools, a trainer guide, a participant response system and award-winning video.
To date, more than 750,000 people have graduated from one of VitalSmarts’ other training programs: Crucial Conversations®, Crucial Confrontations® and Influencer Training™. The company also supports a community of 7,400+ trainers who are certified to teach these courses in organizations around the world. In 2009, Influencer Training was named one of five top training products of the year by Human Resource Executive magazine. Crucial Conversations Training received the same award in 2004.
Change Anything Training is now available by contacting a VitalSmarts sales representative at 1-800-449-5989. The training is offered as a one-day course to the public (for training dates and locations visit http://www.vitalsmarts.com/changeanythingtraining.aspx). VitalSmarts also offers trainer certification for in-house trainers. Public courses for Change Anything Training are $695.00 USD. Public courses, which include trainer certification, are $1990.00 USD.
Note to editor: Joseph Grenny, co-founder of VitalSmarts, is available for interview.
An innovator in corporate training and organizational performance, VitalSmarts is home to multiple training offerings, including the award-winning Crucial Conversations®, Crucial Confrontations®, Influencer Training™, and Change Anything Training™. Each course improves key organizational outcomes by focusing on high-leverage skills and strategies. The Company also has four New York Times best-selling books. VitalSmarts has helped 300 of the Fortune 500 and trained more than 750,000 people worldwide. www.vitalsmarts.com
Laura Potter of VitalSmarts, L.L.C. +1-801-510-7590, or firstname.lastname@example.org.